Top ten reasons why we love Atlanta:
10. Scenary – Atlanta has a beautiful skyline featuring the Georgia Dome and many architecturally attractive skyscrapers. On the outskirts of Atlanta you will find Stone Mountain, Kennesaw Mountain, and the Chattahoochee River. Atlanta is also a short drive from the nearby North Georgia Appalachian Mountains, and the Atlantic coast.
9. Shopping – Atlanta offers tons of shopping choices, from Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza to Little Five Points and Atlantic Station. If you are looking for that perfect something, chances are you can find it here.
8. Restaurants – Atlanta is an eater’s paradise. From the Varsity to elegant gourmet dining Atlanta has it all. You will find many influences in the restaurants around the Atlanta. The more areas you explore the more surprising dishes you will find.
7. Museums, the Zoo, and the Aquarium – There are many educational and cultural activities in Atlanta. Some of our favorites are the Botanical Gardens, High Museum of Art, the Georgia Aquarium, the Atlanta Zoo, the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, the World of Coke, and the Center for the Puppetry Arts.
6. Outdoor Adventure – Atlanta and the surrounding area is filled with hiking and biking trails. The Silver Comet is a fully paved walking, biking, and running trail that spans 61 miles from Smyrna, GA near Atlanta to Cedartown, GA near the Alabama state line. There are numerous hiking trails at Stone Mountain and Kennesaw Mountain. You can also “Shoot the Hooch” for a lazy inner tube river adventure or travel north a bit for a true whitewater canoe or kayak adventure.
5. Six Flags/Whitewater – If its thrills your looking for try a day at either Six Flags Over Georgia or Whitewater amusement parks. Six Flags over Georgia offers many thrilling roller coasters as well as rides and attractions for younger kids. There is nothing better than spending a hot Atlanta summer day sliding down the water slides at Whitewater.
4. Sports – Atlanta has a full docket of professional sporting events to attend including the Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and the Atlanta Motor Speedway. Georgia and Georgia Tech Universities offer many opportunities to attend collegiate athletic events. Atlanta is also an excellent golf destination. And if you are looking at joining in the action there are many amateur leagues and pick-up games going on around the city for lesser known sports like disc golf, cricket, and ultimate Frisbee.
3. Music – Atlanta is home for many hip-hop artists, and also has a thriving live music scene. There are many unique venues throughout the city and there is always the opportunity to see great live music. Some notable local acts and artists include the Allman Brothers Band, Col. Bruce Hampton, R.E.M., Outkast, T.I. and Ludacris.
2. Opportunity – Atlanta is truly the land of opportunity. Several large companies are headquartered here including Home Depot and Coca-Cola. Atlanta is a large and diverse market with thousands of small businesses serving millions of customers. Atlanta is a great place for entrepreneurs to start thriving new businesses.
And the number one reason we love Atlanta…
1. Georgia Peaches